A few random things that happened in the lil box i call my mind in the past week
1) "Ursula was watching the butterflies, of which there were dozens near the water, little blue ones suddenly snapping out of nothing-ness into a jewel-life, a large black-and-red one standing upon a flower and breathing with his soft wings, intoxicatingly, breathing pure, ethereal sunshine; two white ones wrestling in the low air; there was a halo round them; ah, when they came tumbling nearer they were orange-tips, and it was the orange that had made the halo."
- Women In Love, D.H. Lawrence
One of the prettiest passages in the entire book, in my opinion. Also, one of the few completely untainted with sexual connotations.
2) I've reverted back to my fantasy of finding a singing boyf. Someone who'll plonk down in front of me with a guitar in hand and sing to me till I lose myself completely in his voice. Darren Criss has that annoyingly powerful effect on me.
3) I really like eating hawker food with friends. Dinner at The Mega Food Mall w/ Linz+Dickson+Lucas and wantonmee lunch w/ Yijing @ Chinatown made me realise that. Sounds stupid but it's really the little things in life that bring us joy :) And goes to show you dont need no fancy meals to feel good
4) Moosh the hamster died today. Started with a harmless conversation that I actually found quite funny;
Alicia: Hey Moosh...
Mum: Si le ah?
Sis sobbed for ages and even held a little funeral for the little guy. It's definitely a sad business, but I'm really thankful I never got too attached to Moosh. It's bad enough that I constantly have dreams about losing the people near&dear to me. If it were real, I shudder to think how I'd react.
No comments:
Post a Comment