Sunday, August 29, 2010

Last night, I had a most rare vision.

Through the eyes of Hermia, I witnessed Lysander woo Helena, and felt immortally jealous because I was keen on him. On my way to confront him, I bumped into Demetrius, who -cough- fell in love with me at first sight.
(This next part's a bit hazy) We experienced a crazy series of events in -would you believe it?- the woods, and I slipped and was left clinging onto a tree branch for dear life. Demetrius in shining Athenian garb jumped off a cliff to save me (even though I have no idea how that is humanly possible. hmm, maybe the work of fairies.) which led to me beginning to take a shine to him.
Lysander began to get jealous that Deme and I had such an awesome relationship while all he had was well, Helena. So he ditched her and began a wild chase in wooing me.


And I woke up. But the whole dream was so weird. It was as if I was seeing the untold story of the 4 lovers before MSND was even written, which would have made a lot of sense. I mean, everything fell into place ! :

1) Demetrius was in love with Hermia at the beginning of the play
2) As what Egeus said, Lysander "bewitched the bosom" of Hermia [into falling in love with him again]
3) Lysander was so fickle that the love-juice was a mere excuse for his infidelity in wooing Helena
4) Helena was always a pathetic, swooning fool.

Or maybe I'm just that little bit too obsessed with MSND. But it is such a beautiful play.

No comments:

Post a Comment