Saturday, January 8, 2011

So ... I went to Ngee Ann Poly Open House, and that was probably the worst decision I ever made. Because of that, I am now completely 100% torn between going to jc and poly.

People keep telling me to follow my heart, and though I keep making excuses for the other one, I guess I already know where my heart lies. But apparently that's just not good enough for my parents. I really hate the fact that they refuse to try and see things from my point-of-view, or even acknowledge my interests and likes. Is it really that wrong to want to pursue something I am honestly passionate about ? And though they deny it, I know it all comes down to one thing, face. If I do go to poly, they'll lose face. It's a hand-in-hand thing.

If the next time I see you I say I'm in poly, would you judge me ? Would I try to make up for it by saying it was my own choice ? The answers are pretty obvious.

I dont know. Is it me being stubborn when I say I have no interest in being a doctor/lawyer/banker/BIGBUCKSMAKER ? I just want to try my hand at what I like (and what I presume I'm good at), see if it works out and hopefully spend the rest of my life doing it enthusiastically. Is jc the only route for me to achieve all that ?

All this is pretty redundant considering I haven't even gotten my results. Hope everything falls into place after monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment