Saturday, August 20, 2011

Every now and then, we all come across a good movie that makes us sit up in our chairs (or cushy reclining seats, depending on current location) and really think about things in life. But only when I find myself running straight to the computer right after the credits roll to wikipedia the movie+actors does it hit me that I've stumbled upon a real treasure.

To glorify the pun to its fullest, Morning Glory is a real prize of such a movie. (And no, the word "glorify" was an unintended pun, my brillinat wit is just innate ^^)



So, other than the fact that it did aid quite significantly in my decision-making process regarding after A's uni courses, all I can say is, nothing quite awesome-ifies (pardon the made-up word) a movie than a complementary pair of actors/actresses.



RACHEL MCADAMS + HARRISON FORD = BEST DAUGHTER-FATHER DUO EVERR

Disclaimer: Harrison Ford ain't RM's dad in the movie, but he might as well have been. The dynamics between the 2 were just.. so natural and real and energetic. I've always felt immense admiration towards Ford thanks to his Indiana Jones background but I swear, this movie just elevated that in an instant.

Strangely, upon finding out (5 minutes ago, thank you Wikipedia.) that he's 69 this year, I felt this enormous pang of regret and despair at the realisation that pretty soon, he's gonna be out of showbiz. I'm not even kidding about the extent of my dejection; I mean I do get pretty over-emotional a lot (but with sufficient reason, of course.) It's just that when that day comes, it's gonna be such a HUGE loss for the entertainment industry, I really hope directors/producers realise that. Let's just cap it at Mr H. Ford just made my Top 10 List of Favourite Actors, maybe even Top 3 ;)


And Rachel McAdams, I mean wow. It's pretty amazing seeing how far she's come from her humble Mean Girls. Can't even believe she's already 32 O: So youthful. And gorgeous. And talented.





Cute humour and sardonic wit aside, Morning Glory was a real tear-jerker at certain parts, which I thought were brought out beautifully, and you know what a sucker I am for those. Granted, some scene transitions were oddly handled and, dare i say it, shoddy to the extent of coming off as completely irrelevant to the plot's progression. Oh, and the ending was wayyy too rushed. But I guess the acting and meaningful plot shone through and saved the whole movie.






Perhaps I'm blowing things up. After all, this movie didn't receive particularly awesome ratings or fancy nominations. And well, maybe I was just taken in by the relativity of it to what I want to pursue in my future. But then again, it could be exactly as I described. Oh well, to each her own. I do recommend giving it a try though, I honestly doubt anyone will find this a waste of their time. Plus, how can you say no to such a goodlooking cast?




My week is officially complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment