Wednesday, December 4, 2013

I know I'm incredibly short on time, but I've just been rapidly revising materials regarding Martin Luther King Jr's speech for 2005, and I'm just... unbelievably moved. I could also attribute my strange hormonal extremities to the fact that I HAVE TWO PAPERS TOMORROW AND ONE MORE FRIDAY MORNING but I swear that's not just what made me tear.

I've never really been good with words when trying to convey my feelings - too many; too grossly intertwined in ways only females could possibly understand (IT's over tho!! hehe). But it is an incredible feeling, truly, to have Dr. King's words reverberate in your ears, and to feel what he wanted everyone else present at the march to feel. I'm not usually such a nerd that I'd start publicly advertising my study material but if you're feeling like having one of those heart-swells-cos-of-feels kind of nights, (and you're in the mood for something a little more intellectual than a chick flick)(although 80% of the time I'd still go with the chick flick), here you go:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/28/us/the-lasting-power-of-dr-kings-dream-speech.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0395qvq 
(this particular link's incredible - it's merely an audio of his speech, but with different global figures relating to his purpose speaking portions of his speech. The part by the boy shot by the Taliban was particularly gripping, imo)


Sometimes I wish uni weren't so academic-based. I'd really like to just learn things through self-discovery - it makes for more impactful learning anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment